iPhoto stole my photos :( :( :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by samrulestothema, Mar 17, 2008.

1. samrulestothema macrumors regular

Hi there!!!

When i first got my mac, i put all of my photos onto using something called "iPhoto" now when i wanto to find a single foto or attach one to an email... or send through msn i cant get to them. I just have a transparent "Iphoto Library" icon under "My Pictures"

how to i acess all of my photos seperately?without inside iPhoto viewer?

Thanks
    Sam

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can open the iPhoto Library in the pictures folder but the library structure is complicated and messing with any of the files could cause you to loose your photos within in iPhoto.

to attach a photo to an email using Mail click on a photo within iPhoto and click the "Email" button on the bottom toolbar.

to send a photo thru MSN drag it photo to the desktop or export it thru the File menu. this will make a copy and is safe to delete after you have sent the photo.

if you really want to access the iPhoto Library the simplest way would be to right click a photo within iPhoto and choose "Show File".

i think youre just a bit mislead by how 'simple' the iPhoto is and making it harder for yourself. just let iPhoto handle your photos its the simplest way. modifying the contents of the iPhoto Library in the pictures folder may lead to disastrous affects.

3. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

This annoyed me too when I first got my mac. It is one of the reasons why I initially was turned off by iPhoto and deeply wished that google would port Picasa to OSX. However, now I am more married to Apple and gave grown to love the Apple made apps. The only thing that might be of use to you if you want to see your pictures in the finder is to click on the "all images" button under the "search for" section in finder. However this is only in Leopard.

4. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Easier still, just drag the picture from iPhoto and drop it on the app you want, be it Mail/Thunderbird/Adium/etc. :cool:

5. Keebler macrumors 68030

if you have leopard and iphoto 08, create an email and there is a button on the far right corner where you can access your iphoto library to drag a photo.

if you backed up your photos before bringing them into your mac, add them again to another folder, without adding them to iphoto. i know this isn't the most preferred solution, but it would help you.