Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ripkord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi all trying to sync some 10MP images from my DSLR to the new iPad, however when I try to sync the photos they dont appear on the ipad.

The way I'm doing this is to select the iphoto app in itunes and import them directly to that? Is this the right way? If not what is the "import files" part of iphoto app (in itunes) for?

Or do I simply import the photos in the pictures section of iTunes? From memory that resized them.

Thanks.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
I'm not sure I follow.

Are you trying to import photos right from your DSLR's SD card? If so, you need the camera accessory, which basically acts as a card reader.

Or, you can just import your photos into iPhoto on your Mac. Then, connect your iPad to your Mac (via sync cable or over your home wifi network) and in the "Photo" tab under your iPad device in iTunes you choose which album(s) you want. Then sync.

Did that answer your question?

ripkord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah thats how I would normally do it but seem to remember itunes resizing all my pics to smaller versions, will try it again to see if that has changed.

My question wasnt brilliantly worded in retrospect :rolleyes: :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.