iPhoto Theme Printing???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ftaok, Aug 10, 2007.

1. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I have a question about iPhoto Theme Printing. Jobs glossed over it in his speech. I'm just wondering what it really is.

Jobs mentioned that you can print photos with mattes (spelling?) that are ready for framing. Does that mean that you can put in 8.5x11 photo paper and print up a photo with the matte so that the photo comes in at, say, 5x7 and you have a simulated mat?

If so, how does it look? I really like the way a real matte frames a photo. The raised look makes it seem classy, especially for B/W photos. Does the simulated matte look real?

Thanks.

ft

2. ftaok thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

I've waited a few days, so now I'm bumping.

If anyone has iPhoto'08, could they try out some of the new printing features? Thanks.

ft

3. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I just printed my first last night. Yes, you can select the mat type (single, double) the color and layout. You can also select the background color. I selected three photos and printed them three to a 11x8.5 sheet. Looked really good. You can drag the photos around and shrink / scale them before printing.

- James

4. ftaok thread starter macrumors 601

ftaok

Thanks for the info. We have a nice photo printer, but all we've been printing are 4x6's. Maybe iPhoto'08 will give me an excuse to get some 8.5x11 photo paper and some nice frames.

ft