Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
A while back, I moved my iphoto library to an external drive. I followed the steps that I found on the forums to move it. I believe it said when I launch iphoto, to select the new location. I did that and now on my "account" I open iphoto, and it sees the photos as if they were on my internal drive.

Here is where the problem lies..

My wife logged into her account on the same computer, clicked on the iphoto application and when it opens it says "Your Photo library is missing Please make sure the disk containing your photo library is mounted and restart Iphoto"

the only option is quit.

I can access the external harddrive by clicking on the drive, click on iphoto library and click on show package contents...all the files are in there but how can I fix this problem

looking forward to someone's reply..

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Apple has a public knowledgebase article on how to go about sharing the iPhoto Library for multiple users: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1198. What it sounds like to me is that the drive isn't set to ignore permissions. The alternative would be doing :apple:+I on the iPhoto Library, looking at the Sharing & Permissions section to see if your wife's account has read or write access, and if not, to allow it and apply to the enclosed items of the library package.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Have you told your wife's iPhoto to look on the external drive?

Have her hold the option key down while she clicks iPhoto. You should get a dialog that allows her to choose the library. Have her point to the library on the external drive and then her iPhoto should always use that one as the default for her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.