Iphoto to Facebook Sync problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejason, May 23, 2009.

1. thejason macrumors newbie

I have the latest Iphoto program and when I try to publish a new album from within it to Facebook I receive the following error message:
    It looks like what is happening it Iphoto is creating the Facebook album over to the left hand side of the menu but when I log in to Facebook, I see that the album is created there but no pictures are within it. I noticed this problem a couple of days ago. Anybody else having the same problem by chance? Any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Version of iPhoto/Mac OS? Full updated? Create another library by holding option on launch of iPhoto, drag some random pictures, say from /Library/Desktop Pictures in, and try publishing to FaceBook. If it works, something is busted with your library, which may require an automatic rebuild. If it doesn't, create another computer user account, re-test with a different library/Desktop Pictures. If it still doesn't work your iPhoto application may require reinstall. If it does its a user specific file on your original account, possibly com.apple.iPhoto.plist in ~/Library/Preferences.

3. albi macrumors newbie

I see the same issues. Can't figure it out, though.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

4. jffmrk macrumors newbie

I've had this problem recently as well. I've found that sometimes quitting and relaunching iPhoto mysteriously fixes that issue. When one facebook album fails, the others seem to work fine. For me, it I come back in an hour or so and relaunch iPhoto, I am able to resync with my facebook albums. This leads me to believe it may be a facebook issue.

As a side note, I didn't like how iPhoto automatically checked and sync'd all my facebook albums. In preferences, under Web, I turned this off by setting "Check for new published photos" to "Manually".

I have iPhoto '09 - version 8.1.2 (424)

5. impino26 macrumors newbie

trash the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file from the HD/Users/ Your Name / library / preferences folder. that fixed it for me.

6. whobitesdapple macrumors newbie

Facebook Photo Album Metadata Error

My iPhone 4 is kinda ****ed up. It shows wrong information on my photo albums and rearranges the album by itself. is this normal? Can someone enlighten me please?