iPhoto - Trouble importing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikefly, May 11, 2008.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

Heya, so long story short...

Imported 454 photos from scratched CD -- 330 were imported successfully.

The remaining 124 photos were still copied into my pictures folder.
    Some of these photos can be opened in Preview, resaved, then imported into iPhoto. Some can't be opened in Preview.

What is my best bet for getting all these back? - 1 by 1 is gonna try my patience, and what about the photos that don't show up at all --- the data is clearly on my hard drive.

Thanks,
    Mike

p.s. Have tried copying the photos from several different optical drives, but to no avail.

2. lazlomass macrumors newbie

All the data for a particular file may not be available as fragments of the file may have been effected by the scratches.

My suggestion would be to compress (make an archive of the files) and then uncompress them. Sometimes this process helps rebuild the files. Right click on folder, “create archive”.
    You can also try inserting the CD, going to “disk Utility” and make a copy (DiskImage) of the CD. Once copied, mount the Disk Image and drag the files to your harddrive. IF the disc is too scratched you may not be able to copy it though.

Also, use “Automator” for doing batch tasks such as opening and renaming. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304759