iPhoto: Unable to...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kojoin, Apr 22, 2011.

1. kojoin macrumors newbie

Here's the deal. iPhoto can not be trusted. I have been engaged in this fight with iPhoto for about 15 months.
    The error message I receive during the sync states
    "The iPhone XXX XXXXXXX can not be synced because a required file can not be found." BLAH BLAH BLAH
    My solution for bringing the sync back to life is to delete the iPhoto cache and then delete it from trash as well. Now the sync will complete. This will work again and again but for an unspecified period of time. Additionally, the iPad and 3 iTouch devices are convinced they have been synced with another iTunes library (not the case). As such, if I want to import photos and sync to itunes I must begin again which means every photo has to be optimized and copied (loooooooong sync). So without warning this can happen to any of our devices. I run MacBook Pro Snow Leopard current software. Current iPhone Software same with all the touches and the iPad.
    What I have done:
    Rebuilt iphoto library
    Reimaged entire machine via mac store connection to Cali
    Restored MacBook from EHD
    Most recently the highest ranking genius in store did some kind of permissions and changed some things in a folder that wouldnt have changed unless I changed them after re-image.
    and a million other things too.
    This is not the end of the world but it's close technically speaking. Everything is hard and unknown. A 50 sec. sync can turn into 30 minutes.

Warning: The genius dudes and all their peers are stumped! So I'm throwing out a humble line for help.

God speed

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

3. kojoin thread starter macrumors newbie

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

welp, i cant for the life of me think of all of the million things you did to try and fix it, so i'm unable to keep guessing at things to try that you havent tried already. sorry.