iphoto upload problems

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Kath1108, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Kath1108 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of Macs, so my problem may be a simple fix, but I am finding it so frustrating!! i did have a look through the forum but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Basically, when I want to upload any of my photos from iPhoto on the internet, it won't let me. When I click on iPhoto, the coloured wheel just keeps spinning and it never opens for me to choose the photo I want to upload. I thought maybe it was just the website I was using (Facebook) but it is happening anytime I try to upload a photo. Is it something that I'm doing wrong?? Help!

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

So iPhoto never even opens and gets to the point where you can select the photo? If that is the case, try rebuilding the iPhoto database by following this.

3. Kath1108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep that's exactly what's happening. Thanks ill give it a go :D

4. Kath1108 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks heaps for the advice, I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work. But there is one thing that I have noticed since originally posting my problem... is that, when I click on iPhoto to select a picture, what it's actually doing is attaching the whole of iPhoto and not first letting me select an image. Is it as simple as me not looking in the correct place to get the images from iPhoto? hmmm ? help?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You should be able to open iPhoto then single click on an image then click the Share button at the bottom left of iPhoto.