iPhoto vs. Photoshop Elements for Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by md63, Jul 7, 2007.

1. md63 macrumors 6502

I just recently switched and I'm trying to figure out how to handle my photo collection. I was using Photoshop Elements 3.0 for windows on my PC. Primarily I was using it to sort and organize photos. Also some light corrections but nothing major. Any opinions on whether I should use iPhoto or continuing using PSE for Windows? I understand the Mac version of PSE doesn't work well with Intel Macs. I assume that if I switch to iPhoto I will need to redue all my cataloging for my collection. Any idea how PSE for windows will run under Parallels?

Thanks for your opinion.

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Running under Parallels will be worse than under Rosetta...

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Really? PSE makes little or no use of the GPU....

I don't have an Intel Mac... I would think that, as long as your RAM is not too shabby, PSE will be tolerable, as its requirements are not all that high. But my feeling is that the best system for me is to use iPhoto to manage photos and PSE to edit them. Although, for minor stuff, iPhoto has come a long way, and the tools in the latest version are not half bad.

I would say, pull a couple photos into iPhoto and see if the editing process is good enough for you. If it is, use iPhoto. If not, then think about an alternative process.

5. md63 thread starter macrumors 6502

MBP 2.2 GHz