iphoto will not open - version problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ANTIQUESILVER, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ANTIQUESILVER macrumors newbie

Getting message:

You can't open your current photo library using this version of iPhoto.

You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto.

Is there an easy solution for this problem? It seems as though it should be simple, but nothing has worked.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

OK. So what is it that you are not telling us?

3. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Well...did you make changes to your iPhoto library using a newer version of iPhoto?

If so, you need to upgrade to the newer version of iPhoto. It's cheap (less than $15 in the Mac app store).

What version of iPhoto are you trying to open your library with?

4. carlgo macrumors 68000

I got this message also. Apple has been promoting iPhoto '11 as part of the iLife update for some time, but now that I installed and chose Aperture 3 to import photo files, this somehow seems to have made iPhoto "old". At least it seems that way, it might be something else.

Maybe Apple is just forcing an upgrade so that you either have to upgrade to iLife or App 3.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No. Aperture did not make iPhoto "old." When you opened your photo library in Aperture, you changed it. This is a rather common consequence by many different software titles from many different developers.

6. closetnerd macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem, Im not sure why but when I updated EFI firmware it seemed to solve the issue, hope this helps. I know this is an old thread but hey :D