Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Will the new iPhoto come with Leopard when it is released or does iPhoto have to be purchased separately via iLife '08.

Thanks.

Frank

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
This question has been asked and answered several times- search is your friend :p

iLife hasn't, and won't be bundled with the operating system, it will need to be purchased sepeartely, or with a Mac.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>search is your friend<,

Not on MacRumors. I did and couldn't find any specific answer.

>>iLife has and won't be bundled with the operating system, it will need to be purchased sepeartely, or with a Mac.<<

You answer is a bit ambiguous. "has and won't." I'm confused.
I do understand "it will need to be purchased separately."

Seems strange that it wouldn't be part of the new, highly touted OS. I understand it is a separate program, but when you start looking at annual fees for iLife, .Mac, etc, it starts to add up. Of course, I only use iPhoto, so I guess my upgrade fee determination is based solely on iPhoto.

Thanks.

Frank

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

>>iLife has and won't be bundled with the operating system, it will need to be purchased sepeartely, or with a Mac.<<

Seems strange that it wouldn't be part of the new, highly touted OS. I understand it is a separate program, but when you start looking at annual fees for iLife, .Mac, etc, it starts to add up. Of course, I only use iPhoto, so I guess my upgrade fee determination is based solely on iPhoto.

Thanks.

Frank

Search again this has been asked at least 10 times since Tuesday.

No one is forcing you to upgrade your iLife everytime a new version comes out.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka

That's why there's the assistance of the Google Search for forums.macrumors.com builtin to the Search menu at the top of every page, for assisting you with the regularly flaky search provided by the VBulletin software the forums use. ;)

Sorry, I meant to say "hasn't, and won't be".

iLife, MacOS X, .Mac and iWork have always been separate programmes, and won't become part of the operating system. These are highly profitable revenue streams. Frankly, I'm surprised they keep bundling iLife with new Macs.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I keep waiting for Picasa to come out for the Mac, but so far, nothing. My wife uses it on her PC and for our purposes it is fine. And I use the Picasa export to get photos from iPhoto to their Photo album site. Very nice actually. And it's all free.

Frank

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>You do know that there is a Picasa iPhoto Exporter, right?<<

Thanks, I do. I use it all the time. It works very well too.

Frank

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I guess I'll pony up for iLife. I do like iPhoto and use it all the time. I have .Mac too<g>. Doubt I'll get iWork though. I have Office for Mac, and I know Word and Excel well.

Frank

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.