iPhoto won't complete import (iPhoto 08/Leopard)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cams, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Cams macrumors regular

This is the first day on my shiny new iMac 24 and it's really nice! But I have hit my first problem already. I copied my photos onto the iMac and then tried importing them into iPhoto. I'm running Leopard and iPhoto 08. My preference is not to have iPhoto copy the images, but I have tried both copying and not copying. It scans all the photos and I can watch it doing that until it has them all scanned. Then it gets to Finishing import... and never gets beyond that. I even left it running overnight, but it didn't work. The only thing I can do is force quit.

Any ideas?

I have a sneaky suspicion that I may be visiting these forums quite a lot in the coming weeks. I'm a switcher, dyed-in-the-wool Windows geek and have to expect some teething problems.

Cheers
    Cams

2. Cams thread starter macrumors regular

Man, seems like it's a big problem. A lot of my pictures have indeed been meta tagged in Lightroom and I love Lightroom to bits. I figured I could import them quite happily into iPhoto on my shiny new iMac and I would enjoy the "it just works" Mac thing. I hit this obstacle on day one and have hit several others since. It's my second Mac - had my first for a year now -- and I'm still finding myself much more comfortable in XP. I am trying though, hence the iMac.

3. beatledud macrumors 6502

Has anyone found the solution to this cause I'm still having this problem....