Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I'm trying to get all the pics from my iPhone to iPhoto. I turned on photostream, so from here on out, that will do the trick.

Problem is, it won't upload my existing photos. And when I plug my phone into my computer, it never shows as a device in iPhoto, so I can't import the photos.

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas how to get around this?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Sometime this just happens. Quit iPhoto and re-launch it. And if that doesn't help, just restart your Mac.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Sometime this just happens. Quit iPhoto and re-launch it. And if that doesn't help, just restart your Mac.

The restart did it. Kinda bummed...I had a nice streak of 80 days without needing a restart. :)

Thanks

onthegoogle

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2013
This kept happening to me and the fix was embarrassingly easy

Do you have a passcode lock on your phone? If you do, unlock it while it's plugged in. iTunes will recognize your phone regardless of this, but iPhoto won't for some reason - probably to protect your images? Anyways, try that.

uctoph

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2014
I just had the same problem. Try cleaning out the Lightning port on your iphone. It may have collected some lint. It worked for me!

Take Care!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.