iPhoto won't open!! D:

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Derrick Velasco, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Derrick Velasco macrumors regular

It only bounces once in the dock and says "App Quit Unexpectedly.."

[​IMG]

Maybe the image will help tell you the problem? I tried to reinstall it with a .pkg but it's the same result...I can restore the application with the restore disk if I have to...But all the other iLife apps work...

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Weird, looks like it's quitting because it can't find an image. Make sure iPhoto is closed, then try deleting the com.apple.iphoto.plist in /username/Library/Preferences and see if that helps.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Hate to say it but you have not really effectively troubleshooted iPhoto...

Reinstalling is rarely first step. If you had created another user account on the system and tested iPhoto there, you would have been able to immediately identify whether a reinstall was actually necessary or not. What .pkg exactly did you run on the computer to reinstall iPhoto? Was it a standalone update? If a reinstall of the iPhoto application is necessary, start off first by removing the application itself, and its affiliated items from /Library/Receipts. Then find the Install Bundled Applications only icon on the first disc (on newer computers its on disc 2), customize the install to put just iPhoto back on the system, run updates, then try relaunching. And no, removing iPhoto does not remove your iPhoto Library or affect the pictures within it.

4. Derrick Velasco thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, okay. I used a standalone installer. I didn't try to create a new account to test it, but I think I should. :)
    Thanks for the replies, I will try to get iPhoto to like me again :p :)