iPhoto Won't Open?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by galaxy7, Jan 4, 2015.

1. galaxy7 macrumors member

Strange problem on my iMac. iPhoto all of a sudden won't open. Everything else on the computer is working just fine. However, iPhoto prior to this has been sluggish performing up to the new problem (won't open) that just started. Also, when you right click on the iPhoto icon and get that small, pop-up screen at the icon, it shows two folders open with nothing open. Back when it was still working but sluggish, those two folders were there then as well.

Any ideas what to try? Thanks for the help folks!

2. Msbeezy macrumors member

hold down option key when clicking iPhoto and ensure the library you need is there and selected..also try option/command keys in same manner to perform the repairs needed

3. galaxy7, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

galaxy7 thread starter macrumors member

OK, the option key procedure worked as far as getting the screen that comes up and asks you what photo library do you want to use, but when I select choose, still noting. Two folders still showing up on the small screen that comes up by the icon; that's strange. Those folders are still there even when completely closed out of iPhoto; the white dot gone from underneath the icon.

I do not understand the option/command key thing...don't know what to do there?

The other strange part is it acts like iPhoto is open...but you can't see anything! The iPhoto tool bar is present across the top and everything.

4. galaxy7 thread starter macrumors member

So I found the screen and have iPhoto workinf again. However, it's still slow/sluggish and when you right click on the iPhoto icon, the small screen that pops up still shows two folders open all the time, even when iPhoto is completely closed.