iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dvoros, Jul 1, 2013.

1. dvoros macrumors 6502

Folks, iPhoto is just very buggy and cannot be trusted. Often when I go to import photos into it from my iPhone or Camera, I find that not all photos are transferred. Remember this before you go off and delete photos from your other devices. I will have to go and quit iPhoto, relaunch it and then try importing again with better success. I don't know why this happens but its scary to think that I may have lost a number of photos due to a VERY buggy program.:(

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've never had an issue with iPhone, admittedly I use Aperture but on occasion iPhoto has been there for me.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You also have Image Capture if you do not mind manually storing your photos.

4. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Wow, so OP, you think you lost some photos and all of a sudden every copy of iPhoto is not to be trusted now? 99.9% of us have never had a problem with iPhoto.. Your general and ridiculous claim that iPhoto cannot be trusted is ridiculous.

5. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Like Mike, I have never lost photos... and also like him, I also use Aperture. I occasionally use iPhoto... mostly to help friends who are using that instead of Aperture.

/Jim

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I've never had an issue with iPhoto either.

7. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I've imported pix from my Nex-7, iPhone, iPad and pegs with no problems whatsoever. I would suspect a corrupted iPhoto library or wifi glitch if importing over wifi. I always use a USB connection as I've had issues syncing my iPod over wifi.