iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deldakota, Jan 4, 2008.

1. deldakota macrumors newbie

i have successfully downloaded all my pics from my camera, and my old camera memory card onto iphotos, i have access to them and the administrator screen name does, however no one else one on our mac can load them or see them? what do i need to do?..thanks

2. MurphyM macrumors 6502

The Mac wants to keep things in different user accounts separate. I assume you mean people using other accounts can't see your stuff. That's how the Mac works to keep your files private.

What's the goal? If you want everyone to use the same library you'd have to set up the iPhoto library in a folder that's shared with everyone. And it could lead to file sharing conflicts and /or corruption.

Or - you could export all the photos in a smaller form to a shared folder if you just want everyone to be able to look at them.

It depends on your goal - do you want people to be able to work with the photos and edit them? Or just to look at them?

At least you know you're not missing some feature buried deep in a menu. If your goal is having multiple users work with the same iPhoto Library like it's their own you'll have a bit of set up work to do.

3. tjevans macrumors member

tjevans

There is a way to do it, but it involves permissions and the terminal. Google "iphoto library shared among multiple accounts" and see what you find.