Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kRobbin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Boulder, CO
When I start iPhotos and attach my iPhone, the default sort order is By Date, Ascending. I want to see the last photos I took first. Can I change the default sort order?

kRobbin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Boulder, CO
I have about 500 photos now which I'm sure is peanuts compared to most people. I have to wait a few minutes for Photos to display them all then use the slider to move to the bottom.

I can't believe there isn't a way to display the most recent photos first by default.

Help :confused:

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
I have about 500 photos now which I'm sure is peanuts compared to most people. I have to wait a few minutes for Photos to display them all then use the slider to move to the bottom.

I can't believe there isn't a way to display the most recent photos first by default.

Help :confused:
If you download the photos from your phone to iPhoto, sort them to albums, you can then select the albums to sync back to your phone in iTunes, and they will show up in your phone, sorted in the albums you made in iPhoto.

The photos can then be deleted from your camera roll, and you wont have that problem. It's not a good idea to store photos in the camera roll on the phone anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.