Iphotos does not open when connecting my iphone 3G device

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CarmenAnastasia, Feb 7, 2011.

1. CarmenAnastasia macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    In the past, when I connected my iphone to the Mac to sync it would automatically open Iphoto (v. 6.0.6), to get the new pictures. This does not happen anymore and I do not understand why. Please help me. I need to get those photos out of my iphone. Is there a way to do it outside Iphoto?
    Thx

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You can always open iPhoto manually! I f you want to set it open automatically go to iPhoto preferences>general, and select "connecting camera opens" Iphoto.

3. CarmenAnastasia thread starter macrumors newbie

My Iphoto (v. 6.0.6)/preferences/general does not have such item

Hi James,
    Thx for the quick rely. My Iphoto, version 6.0.6, does not have such item to choose from. I have opened every single window looking for something similar, but it is not there. So I have nothing to prompt the import from iphoto.
    Why all of a sudden Iphoto is no longer importing my new Iphone photos, like it used to, and how could I still move such photos then from the iphone onto the mac? I do not see how.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I didn't see that you were running an older version. See if you can change it in image capture.
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1070568

5. CarmenAnastasia thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed, thx a lot!

Hi James,
    In the end, via the thread you suggested, I got to the iphone hardware problems link and did the "Settings/General/Reset/Reset settings" (no data touched) in the iphone and everything got back to normal. Iphoto, even in my trogolodite version, sees now the iphone again, as it should. Big thx again!

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Carmen,
    You're very welcome! Glad that you got it working, and thanks for posting back with what you found.