iPhotos Duplicates after iMac sync??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SSpiro, Dec 12, 2015.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Finally synced my photos with my iMac from my phone, something i have never done, and now they show as duplicates on my iPhone.

Two questions..

#1 - Are the duplicates taking up space on the phone?
    #2 - How do i stop it from showing the duplicates and possibly taking up space?

I don't necessarily need to use iPhoto on the iMac. I'm quite okay with removing everything from the iMac and just backing photos up on iCloud and iTunes.

So question #3 - How do i just remove the library on the iMac all together?

2. sura macrumors newbie

1. Yes, I believe the dups are using space.
    2. I once had this happen. My solution was to unclick sync photos in iTunes; you will get a popup asking if to delete photos on phone. I selected yes. After sync, there will be no photos on phone. Now select to sync photos again and re-sync. Photos from Photos app will be added to phone. Caveat: photos added by syncing from Photos app can't be deleted on the phone - only by deleting in Photos and re-syncing. PITA.
    3. If you mean how to stop backing up to Mac, just unclick sync photos as in #2 but keep photos on phone. Then turn on iCloud Photo Library: Settings > Photos & Camera > iCloud Photo Library on.

Photos on iPhone and Mac is overly complicated if you ask me. There may be some other solution for you as well. Let's hope others will chime in.