Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiritwalker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
It is a small glitch, but whenever I have a USB flash drive plugged in when I start my Mac iPics loads. I am using OSX 10.5. Any ideas why, or how I can stop this?

Thanks

matthewscott661

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
Chicago
go to "system preferences>CDs & DVDs"
and change the option for "When you insert a picture CD:"
i don't know why, but the OS treats any drive the same way when it sees certain file types on it, even it says it will only do it for CDs

spiritwalker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Ok, I went into System Preferences, CDs and DVDs and set everything to IGNORE, but iPics still loads when I start the system with the flash drive plugged in (or when I plug it in after starting the computer). I know this is a small thing, but I want to understand what is going on. Do I need to log off (instead of just turning the system off) to get the changes to take?

Thanks

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Ok, I went into System Preferences, CDs and DVDs and set everything to IGNORE, but iPics still loads when I start the system with the flash drive plugged in (or when I plug it in after starting the computer). I know this is a small thing, but I want to understand what is going on. Do I need to log off (instead of just turning the system off) to get the changes to take?

Thanks

System Preferences -> Accounts -> Start up items -> Remove iPics if it's there

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
"I know this is a small thing, but I want to understand what is going on. Do I need to log off (instead of just turning the system off) to get the changes to take?"

either/or should work whichever suits you. So long as it refreshes the user cache then its all good :)

Have you tried in preferences, and turning off any form of function which is enabled for autoloading with USB sticks etc?

hope that helps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.