iPlayer downloads

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by grassyeyes, Jan 9, 2010.

1. grassyeyes macrumors newbie

Oh man am I stuck. :rolleyes: Also, excuse me if this is the wrong section but this is a big forum!

I found the 2008-ending thread on here for downloading video off iplayer without the damn time limit (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=449513&page=5), but I can't get any of the methods to work. Not only that, but I have gone through every website, every youtube video (lol) of how to download it without the license, aaaaaand none work, and this seems like the only forum out there with the brains to do it.
    I'm going to need a wig after all of this hair pulling!

Perhaps it's just me being a computer numbskull, but does anyone have any updated ways of doing this?

I've tried IPDL (which apparantly will only work with videos on the front page of the iPlayer website, which I tried and still didn't work), tried media convertor pro (which only does 1 minute in trial and I don't particularly want to pay £50 for a single video), and came across a few other methods in the link mentioned above but I can't get anything to work.

I use firefox, and I'm not really using the best of software to try this in - vista.
    Help? :eek:

Edit: tell you what, how much would be reasonable to get a fellow UK'er to download and send it to me on a memory stick? :p

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. grassyeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Gah

Can't send messages just yet, I'm a newbie. :p

Can I get your email?

4. grassyeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm unfortunately not on a mac and it doesn't say if it's ok on windows, and I can't really go to a windows forums and ask this (cavemen don't work with technology well...).

5. grassyeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha this is fun, but one more post then I can pm you *searches for a random discussion I can throw my two cents at* :rolleyes:

Edit: oops, and must be a member for a day. Tell you what lol, could you email me (and excuse the email addy..) iwillblockyoura--@h--mail.com (fill in the blanks :) )

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Last two blanks are fine what's the first two

7. grassyeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, "ss" :eek:

8. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

I this this post is funny, just for the laugh at the email addresses.

....i was bored!

9. grassyeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought mine was a good idea at the time! :p

Edited: Just to say that Gav2k is my hero!