iplayer grabber

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vihertie, Dec 16, 2010.

1. vihertie macrumors newbie

Hello mac people,
    (imac OSX snow leopard (2008) (version 10.6.5)

I have recently had problems with the iplayer grabber programme that some of you may know about.

Anyway it stopped working and I downloaded the newer version two weeks ago and although ithe application loads ok it does not work, if I pick something to download, it opens an mpeg4 file on my desktop but never progresses beyond that.

The apps website says that you need to install Ruby that I have tried and other sites have suggested installing xcode from the snow leopard disk which I have dome and I am a bit beyond help now, so I thought I would turn to this forum.

Anyone had any problems and managed to solve them without being a programmer

Any help would be great

2. Middling macrumors regular

Use iPlayer Downloader instead. A new version was just released to account for the changes the BBC had made to their site.

3. vihertie thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Middling

Thanks for the response, I might have to do that, my only issue with it is its downloaded onto the app as opposed to the desktop. We used to download with the grabber and then transfer to a stick and watch it on our tv through a PS3, (we use a VPN so we can't access it from the PS3)

4. Lavezzi macrumors member

I speak to the developer sometimes on Twitter and he has said that he no longer supports the application.

I was having trouble downloading stuff too recently, and he said "the BBC has updated iPlayer and there is nothing I can do about it. GAME OVER.".

5. Lukasmacy macrumors member

I just installed the update for iPlayer Downloader and still having problems downloading TV and Radio. I click download the box appears with the download bar it then disappears seconds later, and nothing. Can anyone shed some light on this.
    Thanks

6. GuzziMan macrumors newbie

grabber/player

I tried all new versions of both programs and I'm still getting nowhere.

Igrabber simply shows an mpeg4 icon and iplayer constantly says flvstreamer quit or some similar rubbish

Can anyone get past this to get either program working?