iPlayer out for the Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chall5, Mar 7, 2008.

1. dickovski macrumors regular

dickovski

Wow, just tried it out and it works flawlessly. Now that's what I call a killer service for the touch - I'm a happy camper:D

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

where do you get it?

4. dickovski macrumors regular

dickovski

5. RobertMidd macrumors newbie

Yes you need a UK IP Address as the BBC is funded by UK licence payers and not adverts.

However, there are ways to get a UK IP Address by using a proxy server but I found a paid VPN connection that works better and I can now watch BBC iPlayer streams on my touch whilst I am away from the UK and working overseas.

6. AppleAddict94 macrumors newbie

Wow!

i read about this somewhere... probably on this site!
    and have just had chance to check it out and am amazed! such good quality to be streamed over the internet...
    aidan

7. intempo808 macrumors regular

iPlayer is AMAZING. Now i can watch all my favorite TV shows like "That Mitchell And Webb Look" and "Little Britain" on my iPod, without having to physically take up any room on my iPod. The only probelm is, the videos are on there for about 7 days or something... :( But they update it with new episodes straight after the previous one has expired! :D

8. dickovski macrumors regular

dickovski

Another problem is it don't half drain your battery. Mine just lasted the 1 hour last night from almost full when watching 'White Girl'. I guess it's the double whammy of streaming wifi and having the screen on all the time.

Mind you it's the first time I've watched TV in bed since I was a teenager!:cool: