Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dickovski

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2007
Norwich, UK
Wow, just tried it out and it works flawlessly. Now that's what I call a killer service for the touch - I'm a happy camper:D

RobertMidd

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
Not available in the U.S. per error message

Yes you need a UK IP Address as the BBC is funded by UK licence payers and not adverts.

However, there are ways to get a UK IP Address by using a proxy server but I found a paid VPN connection that works better and I can now watch BBC iPlayer streams on my touch whilst I am away from the UK and working overseas.

intempo808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
iPlayer is AMAZING. Now i can watch all my favorite TV shows like "That Mitchell And Webb Look" and "Little Britain" on my iPod, without having to physically take up any room on my iPod. The only probelm is, the videos are on there for about 7 days or something... :( But they update it with new episodes straight after the previous one has expired! :D

dickovski

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2007
Norwich, UK
Another problem is it don't half drain your battery. Mine just lasted the 1 hour last night from almost full when watching 'White Girl'. I guess it's the double whammy of streaming wifi and having the screen on all the time.

Mind you it's the first time I've watched TV in bed since I was a teenager!:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.