Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
Hey Guys,

Last night I was listening to my Ipod and connected it last night to add more songs from one of my cds, then now I am at work and all my songs are gone nothing is on my ipod,

I don't have the cable or anything with me, becasue I am at work, but why would this happen did I do something wrong, is there something wrong with my ipod.

Let me know if anyone has had this problem thanks.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I had exactly the same problem with my 4G. I had to reinstall the firmware countless times and try to slowly re-sync my library. During re-syncing, it kept freezing iTunes so I'd have to just unplug it, restart the frozen iPod, and plug it in again. It'd only do a few hundred songs at a time. :(

I'm pretty sure it's just the sign of a dying iPod. Maybe it's time we went to an Apple Store and either got it fixed or bought a new one. By the way, now that the library is reloaded, it's been working well...

...touch wood. I'm expecting it to completely die soon though.

superx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
ok weird,

I can't get to listen to any of my albums, went to see about my IPOD

song 0
Photos 0
Capacity 18.5 gig
Available 12.4 gig
Version 1.2

So I am missing 6 gigs, which are probally my songs.

How do I get those back?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I had the exact same problem. I just had to go back to my computer and re upload them once I'd reinstalled the firmware from the Software Updater.

superx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
thanks, that sucks really wanted to listen to some music now.

Great

superx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
looks like I will be exchanging this one, for a new one since this one has given me a couple of problems

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.