iPod 2nd/3rd Gen 8 GB Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tomuop, Dec 7, 2010.

1. tomuop macrumors newbie

I bought a 3rd (or is it 2nd) Gen iPod Touch in February this year and it has been giving me problems for a while now. First, my battery life is very short (around an hour of watching a movie/playing games). Also, when I load songs from my PC, I get sync errors CONSTANTLY. It happens randomly. Sometimes I can load one song and it hangs, or I could load 30 before it hangs. Everytime afterward, I have to restore my iPod from the last sync. It's been a pain, but I've just learned to accept it.

Last night I put a few songs on my iPod and when putting the last song, I got the same sync error (Error message on the PC said there was an internal error in the iPod). So I restored again, no problem, Just takes a few minutes and it's good as new, right? Not this time. My purchased apps would not open. They would crash instantly upon opening. And my music app isn't working correctly. I can access any song, play any song. But that's just it, only one song. When it goes to the next song or even repeats the same song, the music app crashes. Which makes a very annoying work day when I can't even load up a playlist.

Is this something I can fix, or should I contact Apple for a replacement?

2. viperGTS macrumors 65816

sounds like you should replace it. do you watch/play movies/games with wifi on and brightness to the max with bluetooth on? those will greatly lower your battery life.

3. anmak macrumors newbie

100% agree with viperGTS, You should check your itouch apple gallery or replace it, I am also having same problem of battery When I play games then battery down very quickly, I think this problem have every 3g itouch. I am also thinking to go my nearest Apple gallery for solve this problem.