iPod 32GB 1G, stuck in a permanent loop!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TotalMacJunkie, Jul 19, 2010.

1. TotalMacJunkie macrumors newbie

OK, so last night in bed I was listening to some music when my iTouch froze, so naturally I just rebooted. It was taking longer than I wanted, so I just set it down and went to sleep.

I wake up, it's still rebooting. So, I restore it, wait for it to start up.
    Still stuck in the rebooting phase.

I decide to jailbreak it, after it finishes loading the jailbreak screen, it goes back to rebooting.

Not even the good 'ol "lock and home screen" is working. Plugged or unplugged to my iMac, it does NOTHING.

I've restored 4 times, installed 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 back and forth twice. Jailbroken 2 times as well.

It starts up with the normal Apple logo, then it gets a loading spiral in the middle of the iPod, stops "loading" then stays at the Apple logo for 5-10 minutes. Then, the iPod crashes, starts up and does it again.

What can I do?! I've tried everything. Is it just time to say goodbye to my little 1G?

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Try and put it in DFU mode and then try to restore. If that doesnt work then it probably is "good-bye".

3. TotalMacJunkie thread starter macrumors newbie

DFU mode won't work. Every time I "almost" get to it, it starts "loading" and blocks off USB connection. :/

D: I don't wanna leave this iPod, I've had it for too long. Nor do I have the money for another one, doubt my parents will spring for another.

The battery should die out eventually, right? Hopefully that will stop this madness? :confused:

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

If DFU doesnt work then, im sorry to say this, but its probably done for.

Im not sure what else you can do other than get a new one or see what Apple will do for you.

Permanently?

5. TotalMacJunkie thread starter macrumors newbie

Well this iPod is past the warranty, so I doubt there's much they could do, other than restoring and rebooting *which I have been trying to do for 3 hours now.*

Only problem is, I now need an iPod. But I want to wait and see what Apple has in store for the 4G iTouch... :/

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

They might fix it for a cost, but maybe not.

You could buy a nano as a temporary replacement, you can buy a 3G for like $60 off eBay, used. See my sig.

7. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

You mean, you WANT an iPod because you became so reliant on it being there when you want it? Nobody NEEDS an iPod :rolleyes:

8. TotalMacJunkie thread starter macrumors newbie

I need an iPod. ._.
    lol, the fact that I can't play Tap Tap on the toilet *tmi I know lol* anymore already burns a hole in my heart. D:

Eh, I'm too addicted to technology. A few days without the internet and I can literally feel sick. :p

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I was going to point that out but didnt want to be rude...
    Of course you do.... Ive been living without and MP3 for over 4 months, and im ok... i think.

Definetely tmi.

So am i, but not that addicted, geeeez.

10. TotalMacJunkie thread starter macrumors newbie

I made an appointment to go to a Genius Bar today, hopefully they can figure something out. If not, it's time to break the piggy bank and scope out $199. xD

11. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Good. Are you planning on getting a 2G or another 1G?

12. popcorn497 macrumors newbie

popcorn497

I had this same problem with my 8 GB 1st gen. I tried everything I could find, and had no good results. I then had the bright idea of checking this :apple: support page. Hope it works!

13. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Did it work for you?

14. popcorn497 macrumors newbie

popcorn497

Yes, it worked on the first try.

15. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Ill have to remember that.