ipod 4 Gen screen dark but iPod still works

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carstene, Apr 2, 2012.

1. carstene macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a problem with my iPod touch. It still works, charges up and connects to itunes fine. What I tried so far:

- reset with home button and on/off button ( when I did this I could see the screen for a quick second and then the apple logo, which looked all good )
    - opened up the ipod to see if there are any lose connections ( all connections are good )

When you unplug the iPod from the charger or plug it in the screen again shows for a split second but then all black. It all points to a connection problem or something loose ?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers Carsten

2. thegreati macrumors regular

So, once you unplug the device, it turns completely black. Does this mean that it dies, or the screen is just dimmed?

I've seen this in a iTouch before. Either a LCD replacement will fix it right up, or something has gone terribly wrong with your logic board and you may need to say goodbye to ol touchy.

If the iTouch is dying when you unplug. It sounds like it needs a battery.

3. carstene thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for info. you can see the full screen only if you plug it in, unplug it, reset it, sometimes when holding the home button down, but always only for a split second. the ipod works fine ( alarm comes every morning, which is hard to turn off without be able to touch ! )
    As the screen looks perfectly fine I gues it's probably the logic board like you mentioned. Battery is fine.
    Any change it's a software related issue and I should do a total restore with itunes incl. the latest iPod software ?

Cheers Carsten

4. thegreati macrumors regular

Updating to Apples latest software is always an option.

Also if you have not tried going to Apple and seeing if their genius' will help you out is an option too.. But I've seen very little success in that.

5. flashyman macrumors member

I feel great to hear it.