Ipod 4g issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SmoothJ, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SmoothJ macrumors member

I just received my 4g as a gift from my uncle and it was engraved with my name and a saying of his. Now the problem is that there appears to be dead pixels (groups) in two different areas. It wouldn't be bad, however its right in the middle of the screen - even though its small :/

Should I risk it and get a exchange? Also, since it had the engraving on the back, would they still do an exchange?

2. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

If you got it recently then it is under manufacturer warranty so i would return it and if they give you a hard time raise hell :)

3. andyroy macrumors newbie

ya you can, if you not satisfied form this or any doubt about screen then just go and exchange that one. may be this problem go big after past the time. if you are in warranty period then you can change that if problem is not too serious.

4. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Well, if it bothers you, return it. You should be able to return it, regardless of the engraving. They probably have a way to un-engrave it.

5. eddy2099 macrumors member

Yes, they will certainly be able to do an exchange for you as long as it is under warranty. You may however not get the engraving back on the spot