iPod 4G Issues after updating to iOS 4.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Neebee, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Neebee, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

Neebee macrumors 6502a

I've noticed my device is a bit sluggish now since updating.

I'm nots sure of the correct lingo but I have some display issues where there is extra "noise" or "dirt" when swiping or looking at the screens, predominately the home screens. Next time this happens, I'll try to take a pic. This is something definitely new now after less than a day of updating.

Has anyone else noticed any anomolies since updating?

2. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Well, I checked some iPod Touch forums and find some people also get the same problem after they updated to ios4.3. Maybe some bugs with ios 4.3, you can try to resotre your iPod Touch with iTunes again. DID you jailbreak your iPod? You can downgrade to ios 4.2.1

3. Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanx. No I didnt JB my iPod. I recall a few years ago when I had an iPHone 3G that when I went to restore it immediately after upgrading, it restored it to the latest OS not the previous one...unless something has changed?

4. Sjhonny, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

Sjhonny macrumors 6502

same issue here, sometime's when clicking pause/play button, unlocking, sometimes on random spots on the screen (even without touching it) ... it's somewhat bothersome but oké. Guess it will not be long before Apple seeds a solution (in update form).

5. Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

another new anomolie...some random skipping when playing music.
    is this this worst update from apple?

6. CheeseHead.23 macrumors newbie

Ever since i updated my ipod touch to 4.3 i cant get apps please help!!!:(

7. Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Visual distortions as in post 1 and also the touch getting warmer than before.

8. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

It seems that you should wait for ios 5.0, I heard it will realease in next month.

9. Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now you tell us?! :eek:

Any idea where the previous firmware iOS 4.2x is available so we can download it?

10. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Because you haven't jailbroke your iPod Touch, so you can not save the shsh with Tinyumbrella, and you can not bypass the verification of Apple, at last you will get an error code whenyou try to undergrade to ios 4.2.1:(

11. Neebee, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gotcha....someone said all u need to do is find the original firmware, download it, and install it. That sounded too simple.

BTW, anyone check their onboard RAM after the update? I just downloaded this app called SYSTEM MONITOR and it tells me I have 31% free: 78.6/247.0 MB and that's with only 25% of the processes running. I cleared the running apps that I could. I dont know what the percentage was before since I just got the app.

12. fstlambo macrumors member

I'm getting alot of digital noise or random color lines showing up during an alarm going off, charging, or when my ipod sends me a notification. And yeah it is significantly hotter while watching movies or using safari.

13. robertosh macrumors 6502a

robertosh

Problems here too, when a notification popup appears there is a color corruption. I will take a photo the next time that happens. I also have problems with the repeat option, at the first time it plays the song the repeat function don't work.

14. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

15. tucker61 macrumors regular

Same here with noise on screen.

Also battery life appalling.

Tried to restore to previous version but get error message.

Stuck with 4.3 for now

16. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

I heard ios 4.3.1 will release in 2 weeks, that mean ios 4.3 contains much bugs

17. jimmie32 macrumors member

jimmie32

For those who were jailbroken and backed up their SHSH blobs, you can always restore to 4.2.1..

Although I'm happy here. Only minor glitches on-screen, everything else seems to be fine (or improved). Jailbroken 4.3 iPod touch 4G.

It seems to be a framebuffer-related issue. A fix might come in 4.3.1, or probably in iOS 5.
    Though I'd say 4.3 was a decoy for us to use the Jailbreaking exploits and then 4.3.1 will patch them all as soon as we exploit those. Strategy... Who knows?

At the onboard RAM issue, yes, I am seeing a lot of improvement on free RAM. SBSettings used to show ~86MB free RAM on a fresh boot for me, I get ~145MB free RAM after a fresh boot now. All MobileSubstrate extensions are the same...

iOS 4.3 brings more free memory? That's enough of a reason for me not to downgrade to 4.2.1. I have blobs backed up for everything though. :D