iPod touch iPod 4g Post-Jailbreak Battery Life

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mellew7, Sep 24, 2013.

1. mellew7 macrumors newbie

A few days ago I jailbroke my iPod 4th gen, which runs on iOS 6.1.3, so that I could install an iOS 7 theme via Winterboard. It went great, however when I unplugged it the next morning, the battery quickly went from 100% to 51% and plummeting by 11:28 AM, which it has never done before. The battery usually lasts about 6 to 8 hours, since I tend to be a heavy user (texting, web-browsing, and a lot of photography some days).

I restored it and jailbroke it again, this time only installing iOS 7 Theme via Winterboard and Wallpaper Jpegifier so my lockscreen wouldn't be black. The battery life was better. However it still decreased quickly (dropped to 80% within the next hour). I uninstalled everything and the battery was still dropping maybe 1% every 15 to 20 seconds - it had been fully charged, no jailbreak apps, and was only jailbroken. All settings were normal. Low backlight, no sound or alerts, nada.

I really, really like the theme compared to how my iPod looks now (I restored it again), so I've been looking around for clues on how I could keep my battery life average and still have it jailbroken. Any ideas?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Not sure why you're having battery problems. When you restore, are you restoring as new and not restoring from backup? Usually that helps because its completely fresh. Sometimes restoring from backup can bring back bugs from a previous state.

Also, why are you jailbreaking just for an iOS 7 theme? Why not just install iOS 7 if that's what you're trying to replicate?

3. mellew7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, each time I've restored it to the factory default.

And I can't get the actual iOS 7 because the iPod Touch 4th gen can't download it.