iPod 4th Gen 5.0.1 Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scurry126, Feb 9, 2012.

1. scurry126 macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I've been having a lot of problems with my iPod Touch 4th Gen 32G lately. Ever since I first updated it to the new 5.0 and eventually the 5.0.1 software, it has been really slow. When the device is locked, I try skipping songs and the play/pause button flashes every time I skip a song, and it takes longer than usual to skip a song. And it also seems like the home button isn't working. When I click it, sometimes it'll think I doubled clicked it and bring up the multi-app thing at the bottom, or it won't respond at all. Overall, my iPod is really buggy and it is really slow doing everything. I've already done a Restore on it, and now I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

I have the same problem. At first I thought it was my home button acting up, however I realized after restoring that it is the software. I jailbroke my iPod and iPad and both of them got sort of laggy over time, so when I restored they are both pretty fast now. My iPad has always been faster because of the a5 chip, so I think that also has something to do with the iPod being slow. Try restoring, and choose to restore NOT from a backup and re-sync everything over...takes a while but well worth it.