Ipod 5.5G won't come out of reset

Discussion in 'iPod' started by shieber, Jan 9, 2008.

1. shieber macrumors newbie

I get the log, it lights up, stays a while, then goes dim -- this keeps repeating.

Any thoughts on how to get out of the loop?

Update:

Found an answer, which I'll post incase in helps someone else. Keep trying to get into Disk Mode (press and hold center and play buttons) right after Reset begins a cycle. Eventually, after many attempts, Disk Mode catches, then can connect to ipod to PC with Itunes loaded and do an Ipod Restore, then have to reload all of the music files, etc. again. Gosh, Apple sure doesn't make it easy, does it. REminds me of Windows 98, every so often just reboot and ocassionally, reinstall. ;-)

2. jdizzel11 macrumors newbie

If i where you i would send it in to get it fixed I had to replace my hard drive a couple months back and searched everywhere for the cheapest price, and here is what i found. Apple's prices are much higher than most 3rd party repair services, so i looked through those and the cheapest one i found was Number One iPod Repair.
    http://www.numberoneipodrepair.com
    I used them and i had no complaints they were fast and had good communication.
    Goood Luck!

3. shieber thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Nice to know some of the alternatives to the gilded margins of Apple.

I don't think I need a new drive; Ithink this prob was jsut due to a bug in the diagnostics. We'll know soon enough.

I'll hang onto the link. I notice they don't have any 80GB or 120GB drives, though. But the repair prices are very good.