iPod 5G case fit iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrispoole, Aug 14, 2008.

1. chrispoole macrumors newbie

Anyone know if the slim black cases supplied with the iPods pre-classic (30GB), fit the iPhone 3G?

The specs suggest the iPhone would stick out at the top a bit, but I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure.

2. pj rage macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same thing, and I never found did find the answer 100%, but I think I found that it would fit.

But since they are hard to come by and I didn't have one, I found this: http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm. It is pretty cheap and is similar. Fits the phone perfect and the material is really nice - super soft (would never scratch). It was very tight at first, especially with my ghost armor on the phone, but after a couple days and a few stretching sessions it fits great!

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Don't feel like taking a pic, so I'll describe it for you.

It is almost exactly the same height as the high back of the suede case, but the front leaves a little bit of the iPhone sticking up. The front covers all the way up to the top of the ear speaker, but then leaves that little bit to the top exposed.

Don't know if I'm being clear, because I should have been in bed hours ago (darned Olympics!), but I hope that helps.:eek:

4. chrispoole thread starter macrumors newbie

Great answers, thanks guys.

I have seen the suede case before (and noted that most people love it), but being British, I don't fancy the $25 postage, and can't find UK distributors.

There's an iPod 5G case on eBay that may go for £2 or so, hence the question.