Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizfit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
I've searched and searched and read countless threads of their ipod not being recognized by either their pc, mac, or itunes. I've tried everything and it still doesn't work :( Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my situation:
I have a 5th Gen Ipod - works totally fine. The battery is full charged, I can listen to my music, it works! However, none of my computers recognize it as a hard drive or even in Itunes. Sometime in August, I upgraded Itunes for my new Iphone (this DOES work and is recognized by all of my computers). Ever since then, I can charge the Ipod on my computer but I can't upload new music. It's funny because the support forums on Apple have a sequence of things to do in the case this is a problem, and their final solution is to restore the Ipod. Well I would love to do that - IF I COULD! I can't restore it if the computer doesn't see it.

I am running Leopard (most updated version) on both my Imac and MacBook Pro. I have tried uninstalling Itunes, reinstalling, resetting the Ipod, trying different USB cables (although I know that's not the problem because again, my iphone is recognized when plugged in), I've deleted the library file - devicesettings, etc. Still doesn't work.

Does anyone else PLEASE have any other suggestions?! :(

mizfit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
yep

tried that too. even tried running diagnostics. i should say that the ipod is windows formatted. i do not mind formatting the drive and making it mac. i just wish i could actually get the computer to see it TO format it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.