iPod iPod 5th Gen will not turn on.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
Hi,

I am having quite a bit of difficulty trying to get an iPod video to turn on. I have it plugged into a computer, and I've tried resetting it, and absolutely nothing happens... what should I do now!?

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Hi,

I am having quite a bit of difficulty trying to get an iPod video to turn on. I have it plugged into a computer, and I've tried resetting it, and absolutely nothing happens... what should I do now!?
I've not got a 5th Gen, but maybe the battery is completely dead?

Try charging it for a few hours?

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
I've not got a 5th Gen, but maybe the battery is completely dead?

Try charging it for a few hours?
Oh yeah, this is probably it, I have a 5th gen video iPod, and one day it wouldn't turn on, and my computer, or my moms computer, would recognize it, so I plugged it into my moms iHome for a few hours and it came back to life

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
When I plug it into the computer, the screen does not even turn on and it is not recognized by the computer... yes I have tried all of the Rs.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
I'm also thinking it's a batttery problem, as I have opened up the case, and everything seems to be connected, however since the power goes through the battery, and neither the screen nor the hard drive lights up... I would think it is simply the battery.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
All right... I have it plugged into the wall outlet...

How do I make sure its not the hard drive? Is there a way to test it? How long do I have to charge it for..

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
To be safe, charge it for a couple hours. It really could be the battery.
Every once in a while I'd get something like this with my old iPod.
It's worth a try anyway.