IPOD 60Gb Toshiba Drive Recovery - Please Help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mm9, Nov 27, 2007.

1. mm9 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have opened my damaged Ipod some time ago.

I removed the drive and connected with special 1.8 drive adapter to my PC with USB cable.

The drive works fine and Im able to see all the files and music.

The problem is that all my music (50 GB of it) has no original file names.

All my songs are in several Fxx folders with file names like ascv, erty, qwut etc...

Is it possible to recover real file names and all the other data like PLAYLIST from myipod drive ???

I know that one could do it with an ipod recovery software and I have tried many of them BUT they need an ipod connected to the PC in order to recover.

My ipod is gone. All I have is the working drive.

Please help or advice how to recover real file names and my playlists from the toshiba drive??

Thanks

Michael

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You can add the songs back to iTunes. You have to have selected for itunes to manage your music by going to preferences in Itunes, and under advanced, put a check mark next to keep iTunes music folder organized and copy files to iTunes music folder.

Now go back into iTunes and add all of your files back into iTunes and iTunes will give them all named folders and the songs will have normal names again.

As for playlists, I have a program called iPod Access that can copy playlists from the iPod back into iTunes. I'm not sure if you can just pull them from the drive yourself.

3. mm9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Recovery of the files from Ipod hard Drive

Thanks for your tips !!

Im going to try it out tomorrow and I will post back my results.

Thanks again

Mike

I have just done it !!

It worked fine. Its great ipod program.

Thanks again

Mike