iPod 7th Gen: Shuffling a Playlist?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Hrothgar, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

I've got an iPode MC293LL. I can't figure out how to shuffle a playlist. I created the playlist and synced it, so all of the songs are in order. Now, I'd like to shuffle the songs when playing in the iPod. I go to settings/shuffle, and I get options to shuffle the entire music library or shuffle the albums in a playlist. I don't get an option to shuffle the songs in a playlist.

Any thoughts?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You have to start playing a song and then clock the shuffle icon.

3. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

on the iPod, not the computer?

Perhaps this can't be done? Do I have to shuffle the songs on the computer and resync the iPod?

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

On the iPod itself? Yes it can. Go to a Playlist, and at the top, it says "Shuffle" with the icon.

When it's playing the music, if you tap the screen, some controls will appear under the song name/album/artist info. It's the first button. So you can do it there too.

I know it has to be there, as I did this JUST the other day. Haha.

5. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

(Sorry for the delay.)

My iPod doesn't have a touchscreen, so I can't "tap" it. The only shuffle options are in the settings menu.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oh, right! Sorry, I should have looked up the model first! :eek: This is what it says in the manual, you do it from the Now Playing screen:

So yeah, you would click a song to play, then setup shuffling.

7. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

Manual? I don't need no stinking manual.

But thank you, that worked. I hit play in the play list and then click the center button 4 times to get to the shuffle menu. It's odd that it doesn't actually shuffle the playlist (I think iTunes used to do that), so I don't know what song is coming next. It just jumps randomly to the next song.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm pretty sure that my iPod Video had the option back in the day in the actual list whenever you were browsing... I don't know what happened either. But glad that was helpful for you.