Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brag22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Pakistan
Does anybody here own an 80 GB ipod? if so,i would like to know what sort of stuff you stash in it in order to fill up the massive amount of space.the ipod capacity,i found out on buying iy-turned out to be 74.3 GB-THATS 6 WHOLE GIGABYTES-GONE,JUST LIKE THAT-WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?:mad:

anyway,now that ive gotten that out of my system,i wanted to ask if i can fit the whole dragonball z series on to my ipod?-here are my calculations-i want u to check if they are correct or not:

total episodes=276
1 episode=33 MB
TSO=Total Space Occupied=33 x 276=9108 MB
TSO in GB= 9108/1024=8.89GB

so that means 9 GB of space used,right?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
...i found out on buying iy-turned out to be 74.3 GB-THATS 6 WHOLE GIGABYTES-GONE,JUST LIKE THAT-WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?:mad:

read this. The drive has ~80 billion bytes of data space, which is equivalent to 74.3GB of data space.

anyway,now that ive gotten that out of my system,i wanted to ask if i can fit the whole dragonball z series on to my ipod?-here are my calculations-i want u to check if they are correct or not:

total episodes=276
1 episode=33 MB
TSO=Total Space Occupied=33 x 276=9108 MB
TSO in GB= 9108/1024=8.89GB

so that means 9 GB of space used,right?
Even if they took up 50GB of space, you'll still have enough space to put them on. However, your calculations are correct.

i know i can just buy the series on dvd and rip it,but lets set that aside for now-i want to talk about downloading episodes ONLY.
that's not going to make you popular around here. Illegally downloading copyrighted media isn't something to be proud of in these forums.

mynameismatt89

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2005
I just recently got an 80GB iPod Video for my birthday and its got just over 20GB on it so far. I have a very large classical music collection and have begun to rip most of "The Office" episodes. There still will be alot of room left after all this is done but over time im sure i'll have more and more music to add.

brag22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Pakistan
read this. The drive has ~80 billion bytes of data space, which is equivalent to 74.3GB of data space.

Even if they took up 50GB of space, you'll still have enough space to put them on. However, your calculations are correct.

that's not going to make you popular around here. Illegally downloading copyrighted media isn't something to be proud of in these forums.

thanx for the update.....now,to quickly edit out that 'downloading part' out of my post.:D

bigbadnewill

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I currently have about 30gig of music, about 10 films and a couple of scrubs episodes. Am possibly gonna put the whole of my scrubs collection on though, not too sure yet. Just waiting for my new mac to make the process a whole lot quicker.

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
If that "woah" is in response to thinking 15GB is a lot of music, there are members of this forum who have libraries exceeding 100GB... :p

I wonder whatever happened to that guy who won a $10,000 iTunes card for buying the 1 billionth song and what all he bought. That's going to be a rough day when he decides to upgrade his library to DRM-free music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.