iPod Accelerometer Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by teaguecole, Feb 26, 2010.

1. teaguecole macrumors member

I have a 16 gig iPhone 3G running the latest software and I constantly have an issue with the accelerometer in the iPod. I attached a picture to this post to what exactly I am talking about (hopefully it shows up). Sometimes when I rotate the iPod, the bar at the top that has the signal strength etc. doesn't follow along. I have had this issue/bug in previous software updates. I have restored etc. It really doesn't interfere with anything but its kind of annoying. I was just wondering if it was common. I tried searching the forum but didn't really find anything.

Attached Files:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's the first time I've seen that. Have you restored and setup as new, or are you restoring from a backup? I's setup as new, if you haven't.

3. teaguecole thread starter macrumors member

I have restored multiple times from scratch, I hardly ever do it from backup. It happens pretty frequently. Like I said it doesn't really interfere with anything but it's kind of annoying. If I cant find anyone with the problem I might talk to the Apple people, but I doubt they would do anything. It seems like a software bug.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It seems like a software bug, but if you've restored and setup as new, I kind of doubt it is a software bug. I'd take it to Apple and try to get a new one.

5. teaguecole thread starter macrumors member

Really? Do you think a picture is enough proof? I am sure when I take it there, I won't be able to replicate the bug. But my sleep button is pretty far depressed inwards so there is another reason to get a replacement. That actually bugs me. I guess it can't hurt, it really depends on the Genus I get. I have had good luck with getting replacements anyways