iPod and MP3 can't hold headphones

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dohjo, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dohjo macrumors newbie

I know you've probably been asked this a 100 times, but I can't seem to find help in any other threads

This problem happened with my Ipod and is now happening with my mp3, ya, I know it's not an Ipod, but I hoped you could help anyway.

The jack in the mp3 and my old Ipod won't hold the headphones in, they simply fall out and sound is only going through one ear. When looking into the jack, I can't find any dust nor the likes. It seems however, that a tab is missing. The tab that makes the "click" when you put your headphones in, is only to be found on one side, which isn't normal, is it? Can it have broken off, or is it just jammed, so I can't see it? Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you're only hearing it in one ear, the headphone plug isn't pushed in far enough.

3. Dohjo thread starter macrumors newbie

It can't be pushed further in, however the sound comes back when I push it to the side where I can't find the tab.

4. Bear macrumors G3

That means the headphone jack is broken or if you're lucky it just needs to be pushed back into its proper shape. However, once you start reshaping the jack, it's more likely to get bent out of shape sooner than you would like.

5. Dohjo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya. I think both my mp3 and jack isn't feeling well. Since the headphones doesn't work in the phone either, but phone works fine with other cables.