iPod app can't spell

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kahnyl, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

The album list in my iPod app is ordered correctly but for example, I have a few Halloween soundtracks. The first one is listed under G an the rest are under H. I have two Lady Gaga albums. The Fame is under E and The Fame Monster is under F. There are many other examples of this oddity. I can't be the only one with this "problem".

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should check the songs in iTunes by right clicking Get Info and selecting info. Is there anything there that would cause them to ordered differently?

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Well it apprears to be his albums not songs. And since they are still ordered correctly just not divided correctly I'm not so sure that could fix the solution. But I may be wrong.

I was bored so I decided to go through my entire song list AND album list on my iphone. What did I discover? That I have at least one song starting with every letter in the alphabet and one albumb for every letter except for Z! You can imagine how sad I was to get all the way through all songs and then through the albums with every letter (Even Q and X!) and then fail miserably on Z... ;)

Oh also they were all partitioned correctly :p

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Right click on the song in iTunes > Get Info

Go to the sorting tab and see what's up there.

In the column on the right, it will show the way it sorts the song.

Check out my attachment.

Attached Files:

6. Kahnyl thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually I was mistaken. It effects my Compilations list. My Album list is fine.

I checked the sorting and it looks how it should ie. Fame, Fame Monster.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What's the column on the left for? When I looked at some songs, I didn't have anything in the right column.

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The column on the left is the name of the song, the column on the right is how you want it to be sorted.

This is for songs that start with THE or A, etc..

So as the OP said, The Fame Monster, it sorts it under F instead of T because of the sorting category in iTunes (iTunes does this by default).

You can go in and manually change it so it sorts it under T.