Ipod app is killing me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I am on my 3rd iphone 3g for one reason or another(crack/light leaks). This third one is doing some funny stuff that the others did not.

1. the vibrate is loud as hell, way louder than the first 2

2. every time i plug in the headphone jack that connects to my car's' head unit. the damn ipod app starts playing on its own. If I had something paused it will play that, if i have just synced it will just play the first song in the alphabetical song list.it will play for a few seconds then stop. then start playing again on its own. It did this in both my car and my friend's car. the other 2 iphones did not do this. However, it does not do this when I plug in the white iphone headphones.

when trying to use pandora in the car the ipod app will kick pandora off, and start playing off my music. it really ticks me off.i have to play with it bit t get it to play off of pandora. again, when using the white iphone headphones, the iphone behaves normally.

any thoughts? I have done a restore from backup, it kept doing it. then i did another restore and "set up as new ipod" and it is still doing it.

2. cookiemoose macrumors member

My original 3G which I replaced (for cracking) had a loud over-mechanical type vibrate which didn't sound right, is this what you mean?

Not sure about 2)