Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jobsfnby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
As I've started to use the iPad more and more vie started listening to my music more often. My only problem is that when i use the iPod app for about 5 minutes the iPod app will pause my music. I know it's only paused because when I go back to start the music all I have to do is push play and it starts exactly where it left off. This mostly occurs when i'm in an application and i hit the home button.

This has happened more than once and it doesn't always happen coming out of the same app. This happens whether I'm coming out of an apple or app store application.

Does anyone have any solutions to this???

Am I the only one that's had this happen before???

Thanks,
Alex

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
This happened to me today a few times. Just started putting music on this thing, had it playing and left the room to grab a snack. I came back and the song was paused. I didn't even leave the app!

Not sure of a fix as it just happened to me. Hoping someone has an idea of what is causing and if there is anything we can do to fix.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
This happens to my iPad when I open an app that has some kind of sound. The sound from the app shuts down the iPod.

Maybe this will be fixed when multitasking comes out in 4.0.

erillanos

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
I have music playing on Pandora or iPod app using
backgrounder and if I go to a app that has sound it
will pause pandora or itunes. Not all apps pause the sound but some do.

Seems like what you where talking about.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
I have music playing on Pandora or iPod app using
backgrounder and if I go to a app that has sound it
will pause pandora or itunes. Not all apps pause the sound but some do.

Seems like what you where talking about.

Yes this is pretty typical when playing a game where the dev wants you to hear their own music and will disalble iPod. Unfortunatly i didn't open any new apps when it happened to me. Not sure about the OP.

this just happened to me. in safari. maybe the page had some sound im thinkin, thus pausing the ipod. hate that

Happened again to me this AM. Once when i went to ESPN and once coming to macrumors. This is getting old quick....

jobsfnby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I wish that was why it's happening but that's not it.

The music only stops if I'm coming out of an application when i push the home button. Whether i hit the home button while I'm. In an apple or app store application this has happened before.

Thanks for all the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.