Ipod app using data...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seble, Mar 19, 2011.

1. seble macrumors 6502a

Hey guys I'm new here, anyway

I noticed a lot of people have been saying the ipod app has started using data since 4.3, but I also noticed the new ping features in the ipod app. Has anyone noticed this also? To me the ipod app seems to use more battery life then before as well, or is this just me?

[​IMG]

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Turn Ping off in Settings.

My iPod still tries to connect to data over 3G, which I'm assuming is just a bug. I don't have Home Sharing turned on either.

Also since you're jailbroken you're probably more vulnerable to battery drainage that most stock users.

3. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

I feel like an idiot saying this, but do I have to enable restrictions to do that? I can't find it anywhere in the settings.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Yes, Ping is under restrictions.

Although it doesn't help me. I still drain 10% every hour with normal usage.

5. Merkie macrumors 68020

You have to enable restrictions indeed.

6. NCom macrumors newbie

Isn't that normal?

7. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hi,
    I have noticed that when I am using the iPod app it is using data as well. However, I do not see Ping options like in the picture above. I am running iOS 4.3 on a 32 GB 3GS. So, I'll just disable Ping as you said, I was just wondering why I do not see the options as in the picture above? Also, how much data is this actually using?
    Thanks.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

With iOS 4.3 being tested for quite a while.. I'm surprised there are this many problems.