iPod Apple Care

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carrollf, Sep 25, 2007.

1. carrollf macrumors regular

carrollf

Is anyone getting the Apple Care Plan (2 years) for their new iPod Touch? Is it worth it?

2. ShanePod macrumors member

im thinking about it but just keep in mind that don't get it until your 1 year is almost up so that you get almost a whole year extra warranty.

3. thegrue macrumors member

What the deuce are you talking about? It doesn't matter if you buy it on the day of purchase, or 364 days later. Either way, your warranty is 2 years. In fact, if you buy it later, you're missing out on the phone support, which is only 90 days from DoP without AppleCare.

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

As with all applecare agreements it only EXTENDS the cover from day of purchase to two years.

This means regardless of when you purchase it you will only get two years overall coverage.

(Unless shanepod has something up his sleeve....?)

If you are going to get it then i would advise to get it now, i have found that when dealing wih apple customer services you seem to get faster and overall better service when they know you have applecare.

5. carrollf thread starter macrumors regular

carrollf

So the APP gives you 2 years cover form the date of purchase of the product (iPod Touch) and not the date of purchase of the protection plan???

Either way...is it worth it?

6. thegrue macrumors member

Correct, and yes. It covers the battery, and generally gets you better service if you ever have to call Apple. ESPECIALLY worth it on a Gen 1 product.

7. mikeinmontreal macrumors member

Some credit cards will double the manufacturer's original warranty for a max of 1 year, which would give you 2 years total for Apple. This is for Canada and the U.S., I don`t know if this works across the pond.