iPod artist name

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ratonyi, Jun 21, 2007.

1. ratonyi macrumors newbie

ratonyi

I am unable to name artists or make playlist? in my iTunes so that I can see and select it from my iPod 80GB.Please helpme how to make it.

Thanks in advance

Robert

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I don't completely understand your question. What are you trying to do?

If you select one or a few songs in iTunes, you can press CMD-i to edit the tag information of the song(s).

To make a playlist, you press the little +-sign on the bottom left side.

In addition to that, maybe the iPod manuals can answer your questions.

3. ratonyi thread starter macrumors newbie

ratonyi

ipod artists

O.K. I try to explain.

I load my CD folders (copied from audio CDs into iTunes library)onto iTunes LIBRARY.I can see with Sync music all the small square and Artists names (folder names).I made also PLAYLISTS with the same Artists name.Then I copy all of them into my iPod.When I open iPod Music/Artists I can not see Artists name but all the song titles.I can see Artist name(CD folders name) only open Playlists.(?)What should I do to open Playlists with Playlists names,Artists with Artists names etc.....I hope I was clear

Many thanks in advance

Robert

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Your iPod uses the ID3-tag information to display the songs. It should display them correctly, if they are correct in iTunes. You can check and change the ID3-tag information in iTunes, using CMD-i as mentioned above. It works both for an individual song and for a whole album.