Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlassDanse05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I'm thinking of buying an iPod Classic but noticed many reviewers criticizing the audio quality. I have a 4g iPod that I use in my car through a doc to aux cable so I'm not worried about headphone jack quality. Would the bad sound quality described also remain if connected through the doc? or is that only a headphone jack problem? I'm very happy with my 4g iPod sound quality but the hard drive is on it's way out.
thanks for any help!

davekarn

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
Honestly, I never knew an MP3 player could sound so good. Although this is my first iPod (that being the classic) I was really impressed with the sound quality. Prior to this I had a Zune *shudder* and wasn't impressed at all, and I had the FM transmitter for that as well, which I thought was good, until I hooked up this iPod to a FM transmitter and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed with it at all.

logicalnoise

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
I just set up my line in for my car stereo and my new classic sounds great. No background noise, clear bass and highs(I have a pioneer head unit 50W x4). I have the classical EQ on my ipod set and my stereos is set up nearly the same(Which should cauyse problems but I actully like EQ). Ideally teh ipod would be EQ flat and your stereo would so it's own EQ.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.