iPod battery rebate - What you buying?

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
716
0
What are you going to get with your $50 iPod rebate?

I'm going to use it for a wireless keyboard, or if it come quickly maybe a Tiger upgrade.
 

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
2,745
0
fig tree
lol my ipod's case got a bit bent :eek: so i'm probably going to get a new battery/new ipod and hope they either fix the case or i get a new case...
if that hadn't happened i'd probably put it towards an ipod shuffle, or perhaps for an ipod accessory or two :)
 

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
447
0
NJ
does anyone know when the rebates are supposed to be mailed out?

if it comes in the next couple weeks, it'll go towards my ibook
if not, then maybe a nice bluetooth mouse or part of an ipod shuffle

Bibulous said:
What are you going to get with your $50 iPod rebate?

I'm going to use it for a wireless keyboard, or if it come quickly maybe a Tiger upgrade.
 

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
1,929
1
USA! USA!
thehuncamunca said:
does anyone know when the rebates are supposed to be mailed out?

if it comes in the next couple weeks, it'll go towards my ibook
if not, then maybe a nice bluetooth mouse or part of an ipod shuffle

Got mine a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to use it because I think it's a stupid lawsuit. Not saying you shouldn't use yours though.
 

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
599
27
Rochester, NY
mcarnes said:
Got mine a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to use it because I think it's a stupid lawsuit. Not saying you shouldn't use yours though.
If you're not going to use your credit can I? :rolleyes:
 

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
214
0
Detroit
mcarnes said:
Got mine a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to use it because I think it's a stupid lawsuit. Not saying you shouldn't use yours though.
if you think it's a stuipd lawsuit, why did you file to get the rebate?

actually, my first generation iPod withstood the test and worked for 5.25 hours. in good conscience, i couldn't file a for a rebate.
 

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
447
0
NJ
i haven't timed my ipod lately, but it only gets a few hours of battery life
considering that i paid 369 + tax + 40 restocking fee for a 2G iPod (i originally bought a 10GB 2G one but returned it a week later when the 3G 15GB came out) i think apple can give me 50 bucks
 

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
1,259
74
Southern California
iPegboy said:
if you think it's a stuipd lawsuit, why did you file to get the rebate?
I didn't file for a rebate, and I received a form the day after the story hit Macrumors. Presumably if you registered your iPod purchase with Apple, you got the form automatically.

I agree with mcarnes - it's a frivolous lawsuit and I didn't feel misled in any way. I know that batteries don't last forever, and they never claimed it would. So (much as I'd like $50) I too can't use it in good conscience. I'm not sure if mine's still around of if it was already shredded.
 

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
9,227
444
NY
From the rebate from the settlement you need the receipt from the original sale...i can't find the receipt. But i had problems with it so i brought it to apple store, and they gave me a new one. Can i use the paperwork from that to claim my rebate.

i plan on using if i can the rebate, to get a new photo or a new 5g ipod :cool: