Ipod broke, will not load. [Need help]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by afrolewis, Jun 19, 2011.

1. afrolewis macrumors newbie

Hello, i'm currently using an Ipod TOuch 2g.

I jail broke my Ipod a few months ago, everything has been going fine. Receantly I decided that I wanted to un-jailbrake it. I plugged it into itunes but had no internet connection at the time so I could download the update needed to restore the ipod back to normal.

Instead I openned the settings on the ipod and clicked "Reset all settings". I waited about 2 hours and nothing has happened. now I can load up the ipod, all that happens is the animated apple logo spins a few times and then the screen just freezes, resets itself and then continues looping but will not load.

I cannot reset the ipod in any way or restore it, itunes wont read the ipod and i've tried everything to make it do so. The old hold the powerbutton wont work because my power button is jammed and wont work.

I need to fix this ASAP, any help is appreaciated. Thank you.

2. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Well if the power button is jammed, you're pretty much stuck! I was going to recommend entering DFU mode, but that won't work. If the iPod doesn't start up at all, then I'm not sure how you would fix this.

3. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

May be time to go ahead & take that plunge -- get a new one.